They say in the network marketing industry that you are not doing anything unless you are actively recruiting/sponsoring new business builders for your downline and retailing products. Anything you do that does not produce results that are seen as income, is a questionable activity. In the present focus on Attraction Marketing using social media, many are spending a vast majority of their time being social, but not ultimately being productive. There is a difference.
Basically, if you are not sponsoring and recruiting, you are not even in the game. You are an amateur. Professionals are the people who are getting paid for their time and their work. Remember that social media marketing has NOTHING to do with networking (ie. making friends and setting up deals). It is all about increasing the visibility and awareness of your content by using social channels and nothing more. Your goal is to make it count–to monetize your actions and move towards your main goal of making real money in your network marketing business.
Here’s how to do it:
Eight Key Action for Making Real Money in Network Marketing
1. Get up and get going! Talking about and thinking about your business will get you nowhere fast. Everyday you need to be taking action that creates a new person in your organization or a new product sale. EVERY DAY!!
2. Create online content that includes a call to action. Test your content and make sure it is converting to sales or opt-ins. Don’t be a pitch and sell person. Be an awesome value person who understands that people EXPECT to take action if you are giving them GREAT information that they need. You must not forget to ask. This can be as simple as: Before you leave this page, leave your thoughts in the comment box and fill in your information in the box to the right–You’ll then receive useful ATTRACTION MARKETING TIPS delivered to your inbox, every week!! (This is real call to action folks…do it now!!)
3. Find an accountability partner. This should be someone other than your upline. In fact, it often works better if you partner is not someone on your team or someone you work with regularly. Set a weekly plan and hold each other accountable to your goals and objectives for the week. Speak weekly and email updates in between. You’ll be amazed at how this small addition to your behavior keeps you focused!
4. Take part in one training webinar or call every week. This is a big one guys. Search out new people to listen to and take notes. You do not need to change your focus or strategy every time you learn something new. That’s not the point. The point is knowing what you are working to accomplish and then picking up new tidbits, ideas and golden nuggets from different experts in the field. This keeps you thinking. It keeps you on your toes and prevents you from getting stale. Motivation is easy when you can use a new thought process or even a sales line that you learn on a conference call.
5. Do not forget about prospecting. I’ll honest with you. No matter what anyone says in order to market their online attraction marketing system, the big pros still prospect. That means that they know their target market and the types of people they want in their dowline. They then make an effort to connect with those people EVERY DAY! If you have a good enough online lead generating funnel set up, then you job is to get on the phone with you leads and start talking. If you don’t, then you need to get out of you shell and make some calls. (See Step Six)
6. Cold calling is not a bad word. Not if it is done correctly. I am a true believer in attraction marketing. I would never just get on the phone and start pitching my opportunity to a stranger. Yet I call strangers all the time. Sounds like a riddle, doesn’t it? Here’s what to do:
a. Pick an industry of people who have the skill set that you are looking for. This includes excellent people skills; ability to be self-motivated; used to getting paid based on production rather than salary.
b. Find a database of that industry online, or start looking for ads placed by those people in local paper, on shopping carts, etc…Or even get names off realtor signs on houses for sale.
c. Collect a list of names of people that you are attracted to when you read their profiles and see their picture. Make sure you can get some information about them that you can ask about.
d. Make the call and instantly say. “Hi Mary, I found you on Realtor.com.” (or wherever you did). Mary is going to ask how she can help you. You then say, “You have a really interesting story on your profile, what country where you in when you were teaching english overseas?” You are starting a conversation about her. She will relax and you can get to know each other a bit.
e. At some point it will then become appropriate to say why you are calling. I tend towards honest. “Mary, I am presently expanding my company and to be honest with you, I have been prospecting on Realtor.com, looking for people who have the skills that I need in my company and who’s profile attracted me, and I was wondering if you are someone who likes to keep their options open in terms of developing in come in different ways?”
7. The FORTUNE IS IN THE FOLLOW-UP. How many times have you heard that? It is so true. Professionals who are making real money in network marketing will tell you that they can follow-up with a person for years. And one day, that person will turn around and say, “Hey Doug, My situation has changed. I really appreciate you staying in touch all this time. I’m ready to hear about your business.” Now that is attraction marketing at work! Use an old fashioned tickler file, or Outlook, or a Day Timer, etc…Make sure you always notate a follow up time whenever you speak to anyone. You’ll see the results over time. I promise.
8. No one has ever failed in network marketing. Strong statement isn’t it. The statistics say that 97% of people fail. The statistics are wrong. The statistics are not measuring the correct parameters. No one has ever failed in this industry. People have quit. In fact droves of them have quit. Or people have ended up in a bad company and not had the brains to take their skills and find a better situation. Success in network marketing is not rocket science. Anyone can learn how to build a downline, to prospect and to make money in network marketing. It is often called “The Great Equalizer” because the playing field is level. At some point everyone is a beginner. The difference between those who succeed in becoming a money earning professional and those who do not, is how badly one wants it and what they are willing to do to get it. This industry will change you. It will require that you push the limits of you knowledge and your comfort. It will cause you to take actions that are new and difficult. You will grow as person as you develop your business. The eighth action is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER QUIT!
It’s All Success TV is coming!! Humorous, Informative, Enlightening. Articles and blog posts are passive. It’s All Success TV is ACTIVE!!
At It’s All Success TV, we guarantee you’ll have fun and come away with an action plan for your day!! Get on the list NOW for updates…be the first to know about our show!!
Coaching both privately and in groups, Deborah is also a speaker, author, event leader and consultant. Creator of the Foundation and Framework Intensive, Question Master and Leader of the Entrepreneur Business Success Club, Deborah has been called an “Architect of Magical Business and Soul Structure”by her clients because she has a powerful ability to perform alchemy, changing passions and dreams into money and time by design.
Choose a Complimentary Vision Exploration for Your Business
Stay focused and in the Loop.
Subscribe to Blog Updates
Latest posts by Deborah Tutnauer (see all)
- Dear America - November 10, 2016
- Get the Book! Picture Frame Marketing for Coaches - September 28, 2016
- The End Value of Small Business Coaching Experience - July 18, 2016